Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well here is my problem.. when i turn on the headlights both left and right turn signals indicators lights come on the dash, the turn signals work as they should front and back, if i where to cut any one of the signals lights on and while they are blinking and i cut on the headlights on the signal lights will cut off only in the front not the back, i also have no hazard lights the flasher that plugs into the fuse box is clicking, i dont know if its another one on there or not... ive check every ground that i know to check it has really stumped me:(... i got a test light and put it where the light bulb goes into the socket and one side blinks and the other side stay lit up on the test light when i got the signals on and the headlights on, so its not the sockets... if i where to take the light bulbs out the sockets in the front the indicators on the dash will go out... hope somebody can help me with this i would be grateful.:bow: i have read somewhere that this person was having sort of the same problem and that they where using Sylvania 1157 blubs but had to change to something else for it to work right...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Late '60s, through the '70s and '80s, Ford used a twist-in plastic socket for the turn signals. With the lights on, the turn signal indicator light in the dash will glow...not full bright. The socket has failed. Most auto parts stock a replacement socket. Sounds like you might need two of them. To confirm, slide a probe into the lamp socket and ground the bulb. It should start working correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Make sure you put the correct bulb in the correct way. You aren't LED are you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts