Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Atlanta Dragway was very busy on its last night of Test and Tune for the year last night. It was also very cold.
Me and David (ga289stocker) braved the chilly temps and came away with new personal bests.

My car is still not able to hook with me nailing the throttle from the start line so I took that into account on my first 3 runs and quickly got into the gas instead of immediately flooring it. The car bogged a bit on my first 3 passes. It was strange because it had never done it before. All 3 passes were in the 11's though so I wasn't too upset.

My second run of the night was my best and it looked like:
R/T... -.045
60'... 1.745
330... 4.892
1/8... 7.553
MPH... 92.35
1000... 9.879
1/4... 11.878
MPH... 112.18

I backed that run up with an 11.88 on my next pass. On my final pass I decided to try nailing the throttle in hopes that it would hook. Well I spun pretty badly and limped to the finish line with a 1.97 60 foot and 12.24 1/4.

It was a great way to finish the season with a new personal best for me (11.87) and David (with his first 13 second pass). It just made the night when I won the $50 Gift Certificate for quickest ET in the street legal class during Power Hour!!

Now I have the winter to make a few changes to the suspension in hopes of harnessing the power a little better next year.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Pretty good way to end out the season.Way to go. Nice times also. Do you have a roll bar under that vinyl roof?Some tracks require one at 11.99 others 11.49.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a roll bar Jim. Yet!
Atl. Dragway is an NHRA track and you don't have to have one till 11.49. That will be my goal for next year. To get closer to the mid 11's.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What kind of traction bars are you using??With drag radials you should see some 1.6 sixty foots...My '66 has hit 1.65 with 235 M/T's and slide-a links...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got Slide-a-links too Nedcrane. I have hit a 1.69 60 foot before. It doesn't feel like the front end is rising much and transferring weight on launch. I have some cheap Summit drag shocks on the front. The driver side one seems ok but the passenger side one is much stiffer and it will not "click" so I can adjust it.
In the rear I have very stiff KYB shocks. I have read that they are so stiff that they will not allow the rear suspension to do its job correctly. I will be getting some good adjustables this winter.

Thanks Blown68! I need to get a pic of my car doing a burnout like yours. Looks great. Good luck on Friday.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Good times, man....Winter projects here I come....I really like you would see some gains w/ some new shocks...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It weighs about 2950 pounds with my 160 pound self and a 1/2 tank of gas. You have a very similar combo tbirdz12. Those extra 2 doors on your Maverick have to weigh a good bit though.
BTW....sweet Cobra!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks

The cobra is for the wife. I like the Mav!!

I dont know what mines gonna weigh. It will be full interior but all junk will be stripped off.

I would be happy starting out a second slower than yours and working from there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts