Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm looking at 2 Lincolns with 5.0 engines... not sure of year maybe 84/85/86????. does anyone know if these 5.0 are the HO variety with roller cams...they both appear to have TBI intakes.

Thanks
colinb

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: colinb on 1/20/02 2:32am ]</font>

·
Registered
809 Posts
The 84-85 had the TBI intakes, don't think they had the roller cam(know the '84 didn't not sure about the '85). Begnning '86 the Mark VII LSC had the same roller cammed 5.0 as the Mustang. Those are also the first ones with port injection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Turbocoupe50, that helps narrow it down a bit.
I saw these two cars at a local wreckers this morning, both engines and cars were covered in snow so it was hard to find any info on the engines. I don't know Lincolns worth doda, so I got the years from the rear taillight covers, both said 85. they are not LSC's and I tend to believe they are 85's. What I'm most interested in is a 302 roller block and 63cc HO heads with the 1.84/1.54 valves. The guy at the yard said I could have the complete engines for $150 each, which I think is a major deal (I remove them). Before I venture out in this cold and strip down engines I'd like to have real good reason to believe they are what I need.

All helpful info much appreciated.

Colin

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: colinb on 1/20/02 7:18am ]</font>

·
Registered
809 Posts
None of the standard 5.0 HO engines had a 1.84/1.54 valve head. The larger valves were in the GT40 heads, used on the '93 Cobra '93-'95 Lightnings, or from Ford Racing. HO 5.0s have 1.78/1.46 valves, the best ones are '87-up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts