Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone really know anything about these cars. It is a v8 powered lincoln the size of your average BMW. They make me curious. I read a bit about them, and they have a small v8 even smaller than the modular that is individual to that car. Has anyone ever heard of any getting modified and what the results were. With a v8, 4 disc, and a 4 speed autostick trans it seems it is a car that is just beggin' to be lightened up and tweaked.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think it's a 3.9 liter. They're also found in a couple Jaguars. Never heard of one being modded.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
The LS was built on Fords DEW98 platform. Which is said by many that its the best platform Ford ever had.

Ford was going to offer a "souped up" version but canceled it. One idea was a S/C'ed 3.9. Then there was a rumor of it getting a 4.6....Neither happened..

There is a company that makes a roots style blower for them though. As for the suspension, It does'nt need anything.. Just get a 2003+ unit. They are the best years.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A blower on such a luxerious car......ooooohhhhhhhh nice. The whole front clip is aluminum so the front and rear weight balance out. Nice. Not hard to get a nice one used either. Hmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
They had debated building the new Mustang on the LS platform, it was a solid piece. I don't rememeber if they ended up modifying it extensively or going with something else, but its still a well handling car.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-10-25 13:28, thekingofazle wrote:
They had debated building the new Mustang on the LS platform, it was a solid piece. I don't rememeber if they ended up modifying it extensively or going with something else, but its still a well handling car.
The D2C (S197 Mustang) is a modified DEW-lite. The floorpan started life as a T-bird. Obviously the front and rear subframes and firewall are new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts