Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Ford Falcon Futura
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you guys use the Lincoln VIII fan. I'm thinking of using the VIII fan on my car. My problem is my radiator space to mount the fan is only 18 3/4 inches by 18 3/4 inches.It has the side tanks and is a cross flow with two rows that are one inch each.Can I use the VIII fan if I cut down the shroud and make my own shroud.Is the diameter of the grill part of the shroud more than 18 inches?I was thinking about cutting off the flat part of the fan shroud on both sides of the fan and building a fan shroud that would fit my radiator space and then attach the round part of the fan shroud the my shroud.Any input would be greatly appreciated. Roger

·
Registered
663 Posts
One of my friends had one of these with a magnaflow exhaust, sounded really nice, super comfy inside too.
Air suspension and plastic body panels started falling apart on his though, so he sold it.

snaptube vidmate word to pdf
I know some of you guys use the Lincoln VIII fan. I'm thinking of using the VIII fan on my car. My problem is my radiator space to mount the fan is only 18 3/4 inches by 18 3/4 inches.It has the side tanks and is a cross flow with two rows that are one inch each.Can I use the VIII fan if I cut down the shroud and make my own shroud.Is the diameter of the grill part of the shroud more than 18 inches?I was thinking about cutting off the flat part of the fan shroud on both sides of the fan and building a fan shroud that would fit my radiator space and then attach the round part of the fan shroud the my shroud.Any input would be greatly appreciated. Roger

·
Registered
663 Posts
You might want to go to the wreckers & fid a Ford Tarus or Mercury sable for a great fan set up. I got a couple & with a minor amount of trimming of the Sable shroud, about 1", mounted right up to my Fairlane rad. With a Flexalite soft start controller I;ve never had a heat issue even in downtown traffic. Do use a relay tho.

·
Registered
1965 Ford Falcon Futura
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding.I ended up buying a new fan that's 3000cfm and had a custom fan shroud made.I did buy a couple fans from a ford that had two smaller fans , but they were to large to install on my radiator.I did manage to get the cooling to support my A/C.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts