Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have one button on my shifter in which i had the switched side running directly to my line loc and it was also spliced into a toggle switch that went to the 2 stage rev. I did this so i could use my line loc with or without my 2 stage.Now I installed a pro style transbrake and I have to engage the brake for reverse.How do I wire all this together with on switch? If its all together the line lock engages while i engage the tbrake seleniod for reverse.Or if i use the line loc for a burnout the brake will be engaged?Should I install a seperate switch for the line loc?????

·
Registered
202 Posts
i think the button on the shifter is a bad idea for both line lock and trans brake......if you accidently hit the button you could really mess some things up.....i would just put the line lock on a toggle switch and a button on the steering wheel for the t-brake and use relays for both so you dont fry ur switches.....and if you run nitrous maybe use the shifter buttom to activate it once you arm it with another switch

·
Registered
502 Posts
separate the line lock. i use a hurst switch that slips on the shifter handle for the line lock. that keeps it out of the way for accidental bumps. sep button for brake. do you .90 race? might want a t/s off switch so you dont have to wait for the t/s to cycle to back up.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I had the same dilemma you have in that I wanted it all also on one push button. I have one push button and two toggle switches. One I use for reverse which don’t need the push button to back up but when activated would and still does apply the line lock. To get around the line lock stopping the car remover foot from brake peddle before flipping switch for reverse. I do this all the time. The second switch is for Trans brake at the line only. I also have a light on the Trans brake so that i know when it’s on. Also the push button is set with the two step and line lock every time it’s pushed. Then when I get to the line I flip the second switch which makes the Trans brake work with push button (line lock and two step) also.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
So I take it you're not running a box? Then put a button on the wheel for the line lock and use the one on the shifter for the t-brake. If you are running a box, you don't want to be leaving off the shifter button - put the t-brake button on the wheel.

·
Registered
502 Posts
t/s = throttle stop. off switch to turn off t/s timer while driving in pits. otherwise when u let go the transbrake button after backing up you cant go forward because the t/s timer is opening and closing the t/s. have to wait whatever time is in the timer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts