Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice dent on my 65 Gal. It is approx 12'' long and goes from body line to body line on the pass front fender. It starts at the top and goes at a diagonal 45deg towards the second body line down on the fender if you know what I mean. What would be my best plan of attack on this? It isnt real deep. You can barely see it from the inside of the panel. Would a body hammer be my bet?

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Yes, a body hammer would do nice but you'll neeed to cover the end with about 6 or 7 layers of masking tape so you don't hurt the paint and hold the dolly on the inside, or vice versa with the tape layered on the dolly.

FE
P.S. DON'T work from the middle until you have caressed the top of the crease and the bottom of the crease. then push out the center area with a hand and then work the outer portions again until smoothe.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is using any amount of heat advisable?

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
On 2006-11-25 20:11, v8shadow wrote:
Is using any amount of heat advisable?
NO!

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got it. Yeah, I really wasnt planning on heating it THAT much, just giving it some......well.....give. Just using a heat gun, not a torch or anyting, but I will be carefull. I have to be, as far as I know, no one is offering panels for this car yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: v8shadow on 11/27/06 7:27am ]</font>

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
NO HEAT With a dent there the metal is already stretched and heat will allow it to sink even more ..... if it was me and i have worked at a few body shops... I would go to a paint less dent removal center and have them do it cuz if they mess it up they paint it !

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just really need some good material that I can learn this whole dent removal thing from. I have been all over the web. I need a good book or something. Any suggestions? I want to learn, not pay someone else to do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts