·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.g-forcetransmissions.com/ GF-5R
Camber:-2 to -2.5
Caster: 4-5
Toe: 1/16 out

Gearbox makes about the same racket as the Jerico I used to run. It is loud, but it seems exaggerated and the engine sound is muted. I think this is because the recorder is overwhelmed at the lower frequencies where the engine sounds are. I think I have a way of dealing with the high sound levels that might yield better audio in the future.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mattrobison on 5/26/06 1:00am ]</font>

·
Registered
21 Posts
On 2006-05-24 20:34, Tracer64 wrote:
HOLLY COW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can I get the soundtack?

Tracy
That is Axel Rudi Pell the song is Flying High. Off of the King and Queens CD. One of my favorite songs.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
hey matt any advice on a cheaper tranny, one where when i can upgrade later and i wont have to kut another hole? is that g-5r thing a superbly suped up t-5?
and are you running a supercharger? i cant see if its cold air or hooked up to something. as jim carey would say i like it alot! your hot lap had a pretty good time for testing, lets see some more of you pushing it! hoorah!
p.s. i was thinking a nascar type tranny where it has a clutch but they just slam shift it from what i hear they dont use the clutch just on pits and yellow flags('course i could be wrong!)...lenco?jericho? not sure what they use and used to use..what do you think of the tko600 from darkhorse? i already have a c4 floor hole.
looking to do some serious racing..but will never alter my wheelbase. i am just going to form a full length cage, super my towers, custom spindles, rear toys, wide hoosiers and rims,tranny, brakes, rack and pinion. i have 4w disc but not installed as its not on the important list, and when its time i will get 4w wilwood.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The GF-5R evolved from the Doug Nash 5 speed. It has straight cut gears like the Jerico and other racing gear boxes that like to be shifted w/o the clutch.

If you need to drive the car on the street, then a Tremec would be a good choice.

No supersharger on my car. The unusual induction plumbing is necessary to accommodate an adequate filter without sacrificing driver visibility or engine breathing. The filter box sits low and in front of the engine and gets air from an intake in the driver side head light area. You can see it on the "Underpinnings" page of my web site.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looking good. I am sure it is fun… Did you notice in the video how the front right corner of the hood curls up on the long straits? Looks like the hood pins are doing a good job.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts