Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive got a 69 mustang with a c-4 . not original tranny
i cant get the linkage to work with the shifter.i have bought 2 i say again 2 linkage arms on ebay. both i emailed and they say they came out of 69 with 302 & c-4.
thats what i got.. my c-4 has one arm that points down. ive seen on here where someone said if it doen it for a collom shifter.... so i drained my pan and dropped the valve body. i looed the nut in the tranny that holds the arm and rotated it up to the top. but my linkage arms still dont work. if i hook it together my shifter only goes half way down and i cant shorten the arm any more then it is unless i cut it off but since it came right out of a 69 with c-4 why wont it just bolt on... anybody please help me.. i need a picture or info of anything. look and see where your arm is up?? does it move forward?? backward?? i want to drive my car!!!! thanks

·
Premium Member
4,416 Posts
A floor shift should have the arm up.I dont believe flipping the one you have around will work. You need to get the correct linkage.

·
Registered
861 Posts
What do you have?
Column or floor shift.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i still havent figured this out. the tranny came out of truck so im sure it was collom shifter.. does anyone have a arm for the tranny so i can get this thing on the road!!! or know where i can get one!!!!

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
What year is the tranny?
Since it didn't come with your car and it came out of a truck I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is a 70 or later?
The 70 or later trannys have a different valve and throw on them. I don't know if there is anything you can do short of an aftermarket shifter that will make it work in your car.
Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts