Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Little Accident.....

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Dtutt 
#1 ·
Well guys, I had a little accident last Friday and its been really nerve-wracking. Haven't had a chance to really dive into the rebuild and now this happens. I'm not going to give up on her though. It'll be tough but hopefully the outcome ends well. Now definitely more than ever, I'll need you guys for help sourcing parts and other insight. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh man----giving me heartburn
hope you can locate all the necessary stuff.

Might have to go with a standard grill and headlights for a bit before you will locate all the hideaway stuff.

#7 ·
I rear ended a Nissan Rouge that was stopped under a green light. They were at the end of a line of traffic where the lead car had stopped in the middle of the street. I ended up sliding 3 car lengths and still managed to hit them. I guess that's what happens when a 2-ton car doesn't have ABS.

#10 ·
Did you have stipulated value, agreed value, insurance? Even if insurance wants to write it off, you should be able to buy it back. Around here it would be settlement value less salvage value, which could give you some cash to put into repairs. However, insurance works different in different jurisdictions, so your experience may vary. I've been there before, so I feel your pain.

It looks like you may have hit a jacked up truck, or something fairly high? That may have saved some frame damage with the hood taking most of the impact.

#11 ·
No I don't. I just figured out that's what my insurance company meant when they said collector car insurance. Nobody explained the detail on that. I figured I'd just get full coverage on her and wait until I restored her to get collectors insurance. Now I know that with any older classic, collectors is the way to go regardless of condition. Oh and I hit a Nissan Rouge by the way.

#14 ·
Don't know where you are, but, while shopping for a car for the kid on Craigslist----I noticed a 72 for sale (San Antonio Tx)
the front looked good but did not have the hideaways.

Was listed for 3k obo

#17 ·
Nice. Not sure how some here will feel about your replacement though... Haha. Also, is that your Genesis Coupe? I have a modified white one that always sits next to my 70 LTD. :smile2:

Yes that would be my Gen Coupe. Haven't done much modifying yet but still have a few things planned. I would hope that some folks would at least appreciate the replacement being the same car underneath.:grin2:

#18 ·
That Mercury is a nice enough replacement, a Marquis for a LTD is a fine trade off. I guess you didn't want fix the LTD, so I hope the parts from the old one go to good homes and make a bunch of other cars happy.

#20 · (Edited)
It wasn't so much not wanting to fix her, it just ended up being smarted to let her go to a new home and I ended up finding this Marauder. I guess it all worked out.:wink2:

does that merc have a 429-4v? kinda a big fan of the early high compression 429s... strongest engine ive ever had, moved those land yachts around effortlessly :)

Oh you know it! I wouldn't have it any other way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.