Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to take my Millennium Falconaround for a drive to Alpha Centauri.

But then I heard it was a 26,395,632,000,000 miles away (4.5 light years).

For those of you like Dan and kultulz that kan't do gud math without arguing, that's Twenty-six trillion, Three hundred ninety-five Billion, Six hundred thirty-two Million miles away, give or take 3 country blocks...

How much gas would it take me to get there at 25 Mpg?

·
Premium Member
6,080 Posts
As you know, earlier this year I completed my initial work on the Higgs boson. Currently I am modifying a Ford Galaxie to implement a feature of that discovery that will reduce its mass and energy requirements to zero.

If these modifications can be applied to your Falcon, you could get there quickly and cheaply.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
For those of you like Dan and kultulz that kan't do gud math without arguing,
:confused:

Argue with Dan? Since when? He must be arguing with himself (split personality) (when he takes the time from playing with himself) as he has been on PERMANENT IGNORE for quite awhile.

Not only is he repetitive, I cannot understand a word he posts.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Rounding to 26 trillion:

v=26X10^12 mi/25 mi/gal. ~1.04X10^12 gallons. Now, assuming $4/gal, that's $4.16 trillion. Now, to put that into perspective, the total cost of the trip, there and back, is equal to half of our national debt. So in essence, if we had enough gasoline to do this with, it would be cheaper to go there and back than to find a way to pay off our debt.

·
Administrator
21,924 Posts
There are no service stations out there. :)
You just had to be the one with bad news! LOL So now he has to factor in the excess fuel usuage amount to carry the amount of fuel to get there and back too!

·
Premium Member
34,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Argue with Dan? Since when? He must be arguing with himself (split personality) (when he takes the time from playing with himself) as he has been on PERMANENT IGNORE for quite awhile.

I was funning you both! gosh :)

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
I'd just like to mention that once a vehicle has left the gravitational pull of the Earth, no fuel will be needed for the vehicle to continue on it's intended path.
So, the Millennium Falconaround only needs enough fuel for the launch to the outside of the gravitation zone.

·
Banned
6,355 Posts

klutz , said you had no boy's (balls) in a tread about alternators

answer it or am I always right that your a moron and now one with no boys

get off sitting on your thumb , get to it ..

·
Banned
6,355 Posts
Wanted to take my Millennium Falconaround for a drive to Alpha Centauri.

But then I heard it was a 26,395,632,000,000 miles away (4.5 light years).

For those of you like Dan and kultulz that kan't do gud math without arguing, that's Twenty-six trillion, Three hundred ninety-five Billion, Six hundred thirty-two Million miles away, give or take 3 country blocks...

once out of orbit ..non. its all down hill , just coast.

coasting also will be quicker than the power form that six banger

forgot , FE you mean yourself and klutz can't do the math .
you knew how , wouldnt be asking the question,

·
Registered
734 Posts
hey FE, just instal a flux compasiter in your falcon. travel to the future. say to the star trek days. get on to the enterprise, fly there, have scotty beam you up to which ever star in Alpha Centauri system u like lol

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'd just like to mention that once a vehicle has left the gravitational pull of the Earth, no fuel will be needed for the vehicle to continue on it's intended path.
So, the Millennium Falconaround only needs enough fuel for the launch to the outside of the gravitation zone.
Well, yes and no. The gravitational pull of other bodies in space may require some "burns" to overcome them. But yes, the fuel consumption is reduced drastically. I think it'd be more efficient to use a Winnebago and duct tape some wings and rocket boosters though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts