Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could you take a 302 crank use 289 rods shave the pistons and have the same set up as a Boss 302. before some smart ass remarks. I know a Boss 302 has 4 bolt mains. But it would be pretty much the same just a Windsor build. and use a roller block for a few more horses. with reworked Windsor heads

·
Registered
497 Posts
You could yes. The piston would need to be .065 shorter. It would do virtually nothing performance wise. Some go to an aftermarket 5.400 long rod usually associated with stroked crank applications. For a "race only" application it can help in the over 7,000 rpm range , for a street application , you wouldn't see any benefit. Rod length and the changes that come with it are very misunderstood. We have the magazines to blame for that.
Randy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you GT350HR - Randy for your reply I'm just asking different things to see which way I want to go. have so much that has accumulated over the years. a 1966 289 motor a couple 302 one roller 302 a couple 351w's laying around a few c4's large and small bell housing 157 tooth and 162tooth even a 5 bolt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts