Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has been many years since I wandered through FM, and trying to see who has stuck around, who are still members and who have left us. 2002 was the year i started hanging out with you lot, met a number of ya and chatted many times.
But, life throws curve balls and all my attention was put towards looking after my wife ( mesothelioma 2008) thus putting many projects and builds on hold. After a valiant fight, she succumbed March 2013.
For a few years I just moped around the suddenly, a call from a old FM character told me to pull up my socks and get back to building.
If you have viewed my profile and gallery, you have seen my 55. Well, 2 yrs ago, i launched and a 2nd stage went off program, resulting in a catastrophic failure.....so now what to build....hold on, 1 still have the blower in storage....and the results are: Ford 557, Stage 4 14-71. 1,365 horse, 1,280 torque

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I'm still around but I sold my Cobra Replica in 2012.......had several Fords since then and have a 2019 Mustang GT 5.0 'vert now........what a blast and what a nice car (rolling computer)!! (y):oops:

Your pickup looks like it might "Tote The Mail"!!(y)o_O

Welcome back!!(y)(y)

·
Registered
684 Posts
How are you doing? It's been a long time, but we did get together a few times.

Sorry to hear about your wife. My brother in law died from mesothelioma in 2002.

I still have the 1977 Granada - it died a few days ago when I tried to start it. It's fuel injected now. I hadn't started it for a while, so I primed the line by turning the key on a few times. When I turned the key to "start", there was a sound like a short circuit, and most things died. The headlights and starter don't work, but the interior dome light and brake lights do. Also, it sounds like the fuel pump runs continuously when I turn it to "on", instead of running a few seconds and shutting off. I'm going to wait until it gets a little warmer before I troubleshoot it any more.

Enough about me - good to see you back in the saddle!

·
Subscriber
557 Posts
I think you might have taken your leave before I signed up here, but welcome back all the same. That truck looks wicked.
The old-timers on this forum are its greatest asset.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are you doing? It's been a long time, but we did get together a few times.

Sorry to hear about your wife. My brother in law died from mesothelioma in 2002.

I still have the 1977 Granada - it died a few days ago when I tried to start it. It's fuel injected now. I hadn't started it for a while, so I primed the line by turning the key on a few times. When I turned the key to "start", there was a sound like a short circuit, and most things died. The headlights and starter don't work, but the interior dome light and brake lights do. Also, it sounds like the fuel pump runs continuously when I turn it to "on", instead of running a few seconds and shutting off. I'm going to wait until it gets a little warmer before I troubleshoot it any more.

Enough about me - good to see you back in the saddle!
I know live up in Okanagan with my new lady. She was introduced to me by my wife before she passed. My younger 2 are members ( Ridge Meadows / Poco). Still have your number, will try to catch up soon. Happy New Year

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still around but I sold my Cobra Replica in 2012.......had several Fords since then and have a 2019 Mustang GT 5.0 'vert now........what a blast and what a nice car (rolling computer)!! (y):oops:

Your pickup looks like it might "Tote The Mail"!!(y)o_O

Welcome back!!(y)(y)
Thanks
Yeah, its fun to drive. Hit as many shows as possible close by. Long distance i trailer. Fuel milage is actually great. 1,365 horse and plenty of torque

1 - 7 of 7 Posts