Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

Lookinf for engine ideas

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  65FalconLover 
Power Block TV just started episodes on Horspower using 351's. They built 2, one a stock stroke 351c w/2v heads, and the 351w. The windsor build wasnt a straight build, they used a stroker crank (4.00") for a 408 and made it a clevor build. Over 450hp 500ftlb tq. Not sure what year of Cougar you are working on, as the 67-68 is a little tighter fit than the later models....

I agree 65, but when the episode part one started i was thinking that they were going to do a true W / C comparo... I was kind of miffed at the trickery they did to make the W motor the 'winner'... Enough of my whining tho, and you are right the 347 would be easy enough to do... but what about a W headed 408? as done on PB TV cost would be about the same i am thinking....

lucky, if you go Here with your 4k budget you could easily reach your goals, Now to choose your poison... The completed shortblock price isnt to bad...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.