Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the tacoma area know someone in the area? There are 2 or 3 of them round here but i don't know the guys or where they are. My dad's bday is June 1st, we are having a multi-birthday party potluck at his place on the 2nd. I thought maybe with my vinyl remnants i could throw together some temporary seat covers for his car for a bday gift. Only the front split back seat. I don't think my sis can get in the garage rafters and measure the original seat for me without my dad being around wondering what she is up to. If i can't find one to measure and draw me a diagram i might have to ask if there's anyway possible she can swing it.
They won't be as original, not even close, he has foam, i have some other stuff to cover the springs, then he can use the real seat and toss out the white bucket seats.

Couldn't find just the seat pic so had to use the one with my dad, sis and her grandkids getting ready for a ride in grandpa's car. Kora is not too sure bout this ride stuff. Pffft city girl lol

TerriCoraCadenLeonard2bg.jpg

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think i have a good lead on finding one, forgot about the wild man with the straight axle chevy. If anyone would know he would! And maybe i rescued the '60 ford pickup from the crusher that my dad has..i hope.

·
Administrator
21,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scored! Austin's Pro/Max on S. Tacoma Way had a '46 for sale and was nice enough to let me get all the measurements i needed and to come back if i missed something. The seats have custom upholstery but the basics i needed it didn't matter. Also gave me an excuse to finally wander around the place but think they have also taken over the old Ford dealership so not as many old cars there as there were durn it. But can say i made it inside at least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts