Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking all over Ebay, calling yards, but all I found was a guy selling a brand new one for $850!!!!

He said he had a used one in with a ding, but wants like $300, plus $50 in freight

Yes, these are hard to find parts, but I think that's overpriced

If anyone know of someone who can restore mine, or at least help me finding the brackets at the end (mine are rusted) I'd be in good shape

·
Registered
260 Posts
I been looking all over Ebay, calling yards, but all I found was a guy selling a brand new one for $850!!!!

He said he had a used one in with a ding, but wants like $300, plus $50 in freight

Yes, these are hard to find parts, but I think that's overpriced

If anyone know of someone who can restore mine, or at least help me finding the brackets at the end (mine are rusted) I'd be in good shape

depends on what kind of shape its in. I can tell you that its damn near $800 for the local fancy pants chromer in nashville to to just refinish one.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Unfortunately, $850 is about the going rate for a new one. If you are looking for the die cast two piece unit found on the XLs and 7-Liters you can expect to pay more than that. These pieces have really seem to gone up over the last five or so years as the 66's are getting more popular. I sold a 66 LTD 4-door in 2004 and took the die cast grill off of it before I sold it and replaced it with the crappy one from my fastback. I'm so glad I did, as that would have been one expensive part to replace or fix up. I'm always on the lookout for 66 parts and if I come across a grill I'll let you know. Do you want the standard grill or the XL-style one?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, $850 is about the going rate for a new one. If you are looking for the die cast two piece unit found on the XLs and 7-Liters you can expect to pay more than that. These pieces have really seem to gone up over the last five or so years as the 66's are getting more popular. I sold a 66 LTD 4-door in 2004 and took the die cast grill off of it before I sold it and replaced it with the crappy one from my fastback. I'm so glad I did, as that would have been one expensive part to replace or fix up. I'm always on the lookout for 66 parts and if I come across a grill I'll let you know. Do you want the standard grill or the XL-style one?

Wow, didnt know they were going that high everywhere

Mine just has a bunch of dings, and seems like impossible to fix
I like the standard grill more than the XL (but that's just me)....and thanks for looking out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts