Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm in Australia and looking for a project car. i am on a tight budget but i'm seriously interested in getting something started and just wondering if anyone has something like a ford falcon or similar in running condition that they want to get rid of? Even if you know someone who is getting rid of one...

... And some general advise might be handy too seeing as i am not the most experienced in the area..

I look forward to your response. :)

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
Hey Tony, in the end of the day, you need to decide what you want to build up.
Trek the internet until you find the right car, and go from there.
Being an Aussie, and if you want something a little different, I'd be looking at a Galaxie (naturally LOL), or maybe even a Mercury of some sort. But that's just me.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Another thing to consider, is that a cheap project may (and probably will) cost far more in the long run. This is especially true if the car is not complete, as all the "little things" like trim can add-up to huge money. Often spending a bit more can save a lot of time and cash. Choose carefully.

David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyouu for your reply.

The Galaxy is a beautiful car ofcourse, however, i was looking for a ford falcon mainly because i plan on using it as a race car more then anything and they are tough and cheap cars. my cousin has a new XR6 Turbo ute and he goes racing and drifting with it and i would like to have abit of fun too. unfortunately i don't have the money he has.. next year i will be making alittle more money and i understand it costs alot in the long run but for a start i kinda need a car haha.. i only have $3200 to work with at this time and i will have alot more by mid-next year. i have been around my cousin doing this for years and now i need my own toy! haha :)

·
Premium Member
5,389 Posts
With your initial budget, the $3200 will not even cover the shipping and taxes etc from the US. Your best bet would be to Find a Falcon locally. Pick your year you want, and start looking on eBay, local paper etc. Eventually you'll know the right one when you see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, i was planning on finding one locally. i've done some research and i've found that the falcon from around '94 best suits my needs. it's cheap and powerful and well built. i plan on using it to have fun, so at first i don't care about appearance, aslong as it goes hard! but i will be looking at a nice finish when i start reeling in more $$$... i've found a few that are well within my price range but almost all of them have some minor concerns. just some general advice for looking at ford falcons specificly would help? and also just some cheap options to add some playful power? i am working alittle, so the $3200 is growing by around $100 a week. any advice what so ever will be helpful...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh well that's helpful :D thankss.. I couldn't find an aussie one so i decided this forum will do.. But i shall come back to this one at some point. You guys seem to know what you're on about :) thankss for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts