Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
manual or automatic? manual will command more$. a good paint job can cost as much as you're paying for the car.
interior can be thousands. if you're looking to profit imo just sell it for more than you buy it. hard to make money on these restorations

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
manual or automatic? manual will command more$. a good paint job can cost as much as you're paying for the car.
interior can be thousands. if you're looking to profit imo just sell it for more than you buy it. hard to make money on these restorations
I appreciate your feedback. It's a 3 speed automatic. I hear your points on the realistic costs of having it completed. My wife is only allowing me to buy it and "flip it" because we have 25k-30K in our heads based off of whats out there for sale but it appears we may be dreamland. I am probably in over my head here if I went forward with it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with ex tech.
Once you start paying other people to work on the car, profit, if any, would disappear.
I would focus on what you can buy the car for compared to what they REALISTICALLY SELL FOR,in the same condition.

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
I think that if you are into it for 12K you will make something. However, I doubt you will be into it for 12K if you want it to make you big money. A 25K-30K car is a really nice car, which means suspension work, resealing or rebuilding everything, and replacing things that are not as nice as the new paint and interior (plus you would be hard pressed to get a real nice paint job for 6K, never mind that AND the interior). I think I align with the others, if you aren't able to do most of the work to the quality of a high end restoration, and then willing to pay for the rest, you won't hit your target

1 - 5 of 5 Posts