Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run a registry for 1982 to 1991 Dominator Mustangs. They were a Dealer Special Edition sold from Summit Ford in Lees Summit Missouri.

I post around on a lot of Mustang Forums looking for people who own the cars, know somebody who owns one or owned one, or just remember seeing the cars back in the 80's. Or even remember seeing the Television commercials or hearing the Radio ads. Still trying to find a copy of the Television commercial.

In my signature you can see one of their tag lines.
"Taillights in Your Face Jack? You've just been Dominated!"

Post up or send me a PM

Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dominators were sold solely from Summit Ford in Lees Summit Missouri, from 1982 to 1991. There were a number of performance modifications offered throughout that timeframe. The most obvious indicator is a set of Dominator stickers on the car. Not all Dominators got the stickers and many likely had them removed by owners over the last 20+ years. I can confirm cars were sold from Summit Ford through Marti Auto.

Here is a photo of my 1985 Dominator GT

For those that recognize they put an 82 scoop on some cars and made it functional ram air. A regular 84 or 85 GT would not have a hood scoop. They did this only in 84 and 85.

In all less than 150 of these cars were sold during the entire run.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the Dominator Mustangs were all 5.0's. They did make 2 'Can Am' Thunderbird Turbo Coupes that were driven around by Jim Crawford and his Crew chief Bob Fernley that happened to use Summit Ford as their homebase for their CanAm and Indy car race teams in 83 thru 86. Have not been able to locate either of those cars.

So far I have identified over 20 of the Dominators of which less than 15 are still with us.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I will have to take a pic of my nephews car that is a 85 that looks just like that car. Say they were few of them ? I know his is a 85 as well black. Motor fixing to go in built at speed shop, a 351 stroker that am sure my 427 does not want any of,lol. I will get a pic of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts