Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a piece of interior trim for a 65 4 door custom. It's the piece that is on the drivers side and is adjacent to the rear seat. It is a rear quarter panel piece made out of plastic and covers the bottom of the headliner and wraps around the rear door jamb. It is not very big but it is injection molded and the piece I have is shot. Here is a pic of the bad one and the other side that is good. I would apreciate any help on tracking down the parts. Also need new door handle plastic pieces. Mine are shot!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'll look at my parts car here in a few days and see what shape that part is in. Currently its in the 20's with a couple of inches of snow here and forcast to drop into the single digits. My parts car is sitting outside on my other property. You can buy the plastic door handle mount pads from autokrafters.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stuckinthe 60's. I know it's cold there!! Went to school in northern Ohio and went thru blizzard of 78. I like Arizona now but the sun eats up plastic!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I had to change them on my 65 and might have a extra set somewhere around here,if the plastic covers on the post between the doors break grab them off a 67 since they are made from metal.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
,if the plastic covers on the post between the doors break grab them off a 67 since they are made from metal.

IF they break? Oh yeah, they're gonna break. Don't throw them away! Leave them in place and squirt some expanding foam in the hole. Next day come back with a rasp, sandpaper, etc and get it back in shape.

If you can't source that sail panel you can make do with a piece of cardboard cut to fit and covered with fiberglass. What I'm saying is, don't throw that stuff away!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks JunkyardJeff, any help appreciated. If you got parts just email me I'll send cash. Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're right Puttster. Mine are already cracked. Taking them off and carefully supergluing them together. Will add fiberglass to back and fill/sand/paint as necessary!! Thanks for the heads up on the 67 being metal. I'll be on the lookout for a set!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have a pair of the post covers that are in decent shape that are tan in color,I kept them for my country squire that has been sold and since I found out about the 67 parts being made in metal will never use them.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've gots lots of time JunkyardJeff, thanks for looking for me, as far as the posts I think mine are salvageable, just a few cracks and I believe glassing them on the inside will work but the rear door headliner/doorjamb part is toast. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
timlilje, it doesn't look like the parts from my car will fit yours. These came off of a 65 4 dr hardtop and you and I have 4 dr sedans. At the top these are flat and do not curve up and from your pictures and from looking at my car I don't think they will work. These are 2 pieces with a plastic part that covers the lip at the door and another vinyl wrapped part that covers the gap between the seat and side of car. Shame too because these are in good condition. Maybe someone else out there has some.

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JunkyardJeff, yes, those look very different than mine. I have a one piece plastic. The upper lip of your molding does not turn out at 90 degrees at the top. You are right they are in nice shape!! Ebay Maybe?? Some bucks for the Gal!! Again thanks for looking I do appreciate it. Oh by the way, it was 68 degrees here today in Tucson!! Hope your weather warms up!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts