Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my mom and she said that she would help me get a new car and I could put the Fairlane aside as a project car. So now I am going to rebuild it again. Pull the engine and build a big block, redo the interior, and maybe even put that Mustang II front suspension on.

Now I gotta choose a new car to get. lol I was thinking maybe a Honda Civic. What do you think? lol

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll rebuild it as money allows. Maybe I'll start in the fall, but then it's summer and I don't have school. In the fall, I'm going to go to college, so I'll be short on time.

So right now, I need something practical and economical to take to work and to school. I was thinking about maybe a small truck or a car. I used to have a Toyota Tundra, it was nice maybe I'll get another one. Or maybe a new Camry. I like those too. The only thing is that my parents are going to help me, so it has to be new, so thay can finance it through their credit union. We're going to go look around and see what there is tommorrow on my day off.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
A friend and I test drove a 4.0L Ranger the other day. I was impressed, it is only 207 horse but it was a nice truck. But then again a 86 Ranger and a 302 is not too much money.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I want to get something that gets decent fuel mileage, looks nice, and most importantly, must have enough room for my stereo system.

I stopped by the local Toyota dealership, before work today, and took a look at some of the cars, I think I like the Camry most. I don't plan on adding anything to it, except the mandatory stereo upgrade, because ALL factory systems suck, lol, and maybe add some wheels. The Camry has small 14 inch wheels on it, I'll most likely go with 17's or 18's. That's it, no body kits, no "sponsor" stickers, no neon lights, no exhaust tips I could fit my head into. Just a nice clean cruiser with a killer audio/video system.

I'm going with my parents there tommorrow to see what the payments will be, with the downpayment we have. And get more info. I hope it works out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.