Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 40 series flowmasters for my 351w but they are not loud enough does anyone know what the loudest muffler is for my car i dont want to go with open headers i just want the loudest mufflers please let me know thanks a lot

·
Registered
359 Posts
I belivie that flowmaster also makes a single chamber muffler, should be louder than those 2 chamber 40's

P.S. are the straight 40 series or are the delta flow, delta is quieter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Get some of those header inserts. Get the ones intended for "drag racing only". These are less restrictive than normal mufflers much lighter than normal mufflers, and surley much louder.

·
Registered
38 Posts
look at any manufaturers RACE muffler section. those are louder. I run 2 chamber delta force race flowmasters, they will make you defffffff. what did you say?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
hey dude do it the easy way.. jst put straigt pipes all the way through.

anyways, why do you want just nose? why not serious muscle with the serious noise?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
What size pipe? I use 3" and the Original 40 series..(not delta flows) Loud I think. Monster Mach said it is louder then his, and his motor is meaner.

Jeff Given

·
Registered
58 Posts
just get the shortest glasspack you can find
there was a pair on ebay 3inch in and out they still might be there::p

_http://cgi.ebay.netscape.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599947010________________

71 pinto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: whistler on 1/7/02 10:35pm ]</font>

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Dynomax Race Magnum Bullits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts