Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
i've just done a 5.0 swap into a '65 ranchero and now the radiator outlet and the pump inlet are on the drivers side. i would like to use a molded hose for this. can one of you mustang guys tell me when the mustang with the small block went to this configuration. i'm hoping this hose will fit my rad and motor.
thanks.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Don't think it would have happened until the Mustang II came out, and even then, maybe not. You may need to swap a rad in from a 5.0 to accomodate.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've talked to a few people using a 85 Lincoln Town car hose trimmed down a bit. Another guy suggested using a LOWER rad hose for a 1986-1990 Bronco II 2.9L manual trans for the upper hose Gates # 21736. He was using a LOWER rad hose for a 1971 Maverick 302 Gates # 20702 for the lower hose.

I haven't gotten that far myself.
HTH
--Kyle

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tried the maverick hose today. no luck.
still looking. guess i'll have to use a universal type hose.
thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
I think 1970 was when they moved the water pump inlet to drivers side. Looking in the parts book between 69 and 70 with same engine and options there is a different part # for radiator, lower hose, and pump. top hose stayed the same and radiator dimensions are the same.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
5851a is correct the lower outlet in '70 is on the other side. Stu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts