Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As is typical my 67 has the rear fenders just behind the wheels rotted out. The issue is I can only find entire quarter panel skins. I dont need an entire panel. It is only rotted about 5 inches from the bottom. Does anyone make a patch? I can only find patches for a 68-69.

·
Premium Member
2,867 Posts
You could try to make the repair pieces yourself. It may take several pieces. Form them over whatever objects that have the same shapes.

Works on S/M work on aircraft. And worked on my Fairlane when I made many a repair panels for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was hoping to find a pre-fab as I dont have to expertise or tools for fabrication. I can get the whole quarter for around $700 with shipping. But I dont need the whole thing! They make and sell the front fender lower piece. Why not the rear?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Here ya go... Nor Am. Lower 1/4's for 64-76 Fairlane. $110.91.

I have lower 1/4's from them for my 62, but haven't got to the rear end yet. I check, they look the same, and the metal is just about the same thickness. Hope this helps.

Mercury Comet 66-67 Lower Quarter Panel 2 Door

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 13inchtires! This is a God send for me. I have looked every where. This will save me a pretty penny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts