Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 Country Sedan that I would like to lower just a bit but was wondering what methods you guys use. Im looking at maybe an inch in the rear and maybe 2 most in the front.

Thanks,
Jesse

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I am gonna have to cut the front coils unless someone can give me the factory size and height so I can just pick one outta the Moog lineup for the front and rear.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
For lowering springs you may have to go to a custom spring maker, like Eaton. I think there are some others that people on here have used. If you find the specs for the replacement springs by MOOG, then you should be able to go through the catalog to find something with the same capacity at a lower installed height. The other option is to cut coils. I replaced my front springs a few years ago, with MOOG replacements. The front is sitting too high now, so I intend to cut them to get back to a better height. You can't cut the rear springs because of the pigtail ends, so those will need more research.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
A 1" drop on the rear? wow, but its easily done with generic lowering blocks, and if you are careful probably be able to reuse the factory hardware. I dont know the specs for the fronts but i am sure someone has them, and will jump in...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at it tonight and I think if I do anything I am gonna just lower the front a lil with one coil out. The rear is coils so lowering blocks dont work on coils. The problem is the rear coils are tappered on top and bottom so you cant really cut them but since I like a little bit of a rake I think I will just cut one coil out of the front.

Thanks all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts