Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered 3 inch lowering blocks from Performance Online, they appear to have a lot of complaints about their service, they have my money and I have no parts. Does anyone know of a reputable company that supply these for the Galaxies?

·
Administrator
21,759 Posts
I was back tracking through the forum looking at this and that and saw your post with no replies. Did you ever get the issue resolved? I don't have an answer for your question, I've spent my life trying to get the rear of mine off the ground like the 60s/70s not lowering. LOL Hope you found what you needed and got things worked out with Performance Online!

I ordered 3 inch lowering blocks from Performance Online, they appear to have a lot of complaints about their service, they have my money and I have no parts. Does anyone know of a reputable company that supply these for the Galaxies?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Performance Online did send my order, the parts were as appeared on the site, they were not very good at communicating, they never sent an e-mail alerting me that it had been shipped. They did send a e-mail about a week after I had received my order. I had a extra leaf under the rear for many years, I removed it and I am installing the lowering blocks, I am using dropped spindles on the front, I am trying for a lower stance, I have seen some 62s with the same setup and I like their stance.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Sorry to go OT but ShotRod, replaced springs on 63.5 with wagon springs and reversed shackles, it raised considerably. Eaton Detroit spring did good by me although UPS hates me.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm gonna just throw this out there....

Lowering blocks are HARD on your springs and make the car unstable.
In some cases it can make the car dangerous (poor handling characteristics) and a danger to you and others.

Read this... it's about a much smaller car, but the physics applies to bigger vehicles too.

LoweringBlocks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts