Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you still need camber plates and all those other parts on the following site after doing the 1 inch lower of the upper a arm? this is what they offer. but doesnt say much about what i'll achieve
http://www.drgas.com/promotor/products.html

and what exactly do i achieve from lowering the upper a arm?

do i need both?!!!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Going 1 1/2 inches you will need the negative wedge kit. Go to www.themustangshop.com then to How-to and read there lowering the upper control arm kit 1 inch. I did that on my 68 Fairlane and it was a major improvement in handling. It has a template to copy onto a piece of metal, bolt it in place of the stock upper arm holes, and center punch and drill the new hole to 17/32 or something. My car wandered before I did the lowering, and it is just awesome now, worth taking a look.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok some people are saying that all i need to do is lower the a arm, other are saying that i need the camber thing, how do i know what i need?!

·
Registered
202 Posts
The traditional way to do it is lower them
1" down and and 1/8" towards the rear. The negative wedge kit is not required for the 1" drop. If you were to lower the upper arm
further you would need the negative wedge kit
to keep you upper ball joints from binding during extreme suspension movement. Here's a link to the template http://home.attbi.com/~dciab/pics/shelbyaarm.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
You guys are truely wise.
How long have I been looking for this imformation?
I truely worship you
, well how about consider you cool
. Wunaberacer that was an excellent question, God I'm stupid. That should have been the first question I asked months ago and thankfully I havn't started the frontend yet. If this doesn't make since that's okay. You three have saved me mucho bucks.
<U></U>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts