Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a motor out of a 04 corvette,i am planing on putting in my 64 falcon,i know for sure I will have to go mustang 2 front suspension to make room,but I was wondering if therewas any one here that has done it that I could learn from,ive heard rumers of this swap beingg done but thats just rumers,would appreciate any info. thx

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Anything is possible with enough money and ingenuity.If you are going to all the bother to swap to a mustang II front end pretty much any ford engine will fit...Being a die hard ford fan the thought of the chevy motor in it makes me ill..

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Don't let these guys bother you, it's your car, do what you want. A place to start might be protouring.com and do a search for chicken nugget. I know he has put a ls motor in a falcon although in that link it is not the featured car, he has pics of the falcon he put the ls in.

·
Registered
10,342 Posts
Indeed going MII will allow just about anything imaginable. While the LSx would drop right in then, so would a Ford semi-hemi. A cheap Lima/385-based Ford with twin side-hung turbos was the first thing to pop into my mind. 800hp on pump gas should be about right, yes?
;)
David

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I know the LS series are just killer motors, i have one
I am trying to find a comparible Ford motor for my Falcon too
Trouble is - Finding an aluminum sm.block Ford that, with a simple head/cam change will make 500 + hp for the 4,940.00 i have in the LS is a bit of a challenge.
A guy i met at the summers first criuse in, has a 65 Mustang with coil overs, i think the front suspension is from Fatman, he did notched the towers, says the LS slipped right in

·
Registered
251 Posts
Trouble is - Finding an aluminum sm.block Ford that, with a simple head/cam change will make 500 + hp for the 4,940.00 i have in the LS is a bit of a challenge.
A guy i met at the summers first criuse in, has a 65 Mustang with coil overs, i think the front suspension is from Fatman, he did notched the towers, says the LS slipped right in
An ls in a 65 Mustang??? What has the world come to:cry:

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
How bout this?..Don't look for a comparable ford engine..Find a chevy to stick the LS in and be happy...

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
How bout this?..Don't look for a comparable ford engine..Find a chevy to stick the LS in and be happy...
Or a light 240, 260, 280 Datsun Z car:

This one is a real sleeper. Very docile and he drives it 50 miles to the track and then swaps on a pair of drag radials. Runs [email protected]+mph in the quarter and then drives it home afterwards. Only trick part other than the junkyard stock LS is the turbo and lots of his own home brewed laptop tuning . . . . Dam techies. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Low & behold a 70? Cougar came into my local yard, says its a 351C, 9", have to brush up on my 351C identity clues
The 351C has same trans bolt pattern as the Windsor, has it not?
Easiest way I know to tell if its a Cleveland and not a Windsor is looking at the intake. The Cleveland has a "dry intake". The radiator hose does not connect to the intake, it goes to the block in the front of the engine. Also, it has 8 valve cover bolts.

As far as heads, it can be 2v or 4v. Take a look at the front corner of the passenger side head. I attached a picture of mine circled. If there's a 4 stamped on it, its the 4V heads. I've heard the dot next to it means open chamber but I've seen that argued on forums before.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts