Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know where I can get one. Guy wants $500 for it, used, but fresh 4.120 bore. I don' t know much about them, do ya think it's worth that?

What about the crank, since it uses Cleveland mains, do you just order a cleveland crank (I'm probably going to go with Eagle crank)? Will a stock Windsor pan fit with the 4 bolt caps? I've never seen or messed with anything other than a stock style block so it's all greek to me. Anything else I need to know about a W351 block?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I would definately buy that block.
IIRC that is a 9.5" siamese bore wet sump block.
You can build a really big windsor with it....
If you don't want it, e-mail me with the contact info.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes,
I think it's a good block
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=2570
(would the lack of water between cylinders be an issue for street use?)
Maybe You can get some more info out of the FRPP tech line?
For crank, I think someone like Brian at ADPerformance or Barry at Survival Motorsports would be able to help You out.

By any chance, is this block located in Florida?

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Should be fine for Street / Strip use, definitely overkill for a daily driver.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The guy running the shop is from Sweden too, like poor me(now, if we really are looking at the same block) , so he had an ad on a Swedish site as well some time ago. The only thing that bothers me just slightly, is that the block is still there. Such a good piece should disappear quickly

·
Registered
991 Posts
there 2 grand plus finished machine work and he only wants 500 bucks? Hmm

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Need to watch, their are alot of used-up NASCAR and circle track block floating around too. Look before you jump on the used stuff unless it someone you know and trust.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It wouldn't be a street motor by any means. Drag only....I've broken 2 351w blocks now (blew the mains out) and I'm looking for a decent block, and I know that the FRPP blocks are a little stronger. As far as horsepower, I'm only looking for around 750 give or take. A set of heads is pretty much all I need to get there...I have pretty much everything else except pistons. I have 3 more blocks in the shed ready for use if I can't find a good one, and I sure ain't shelling out $2200 for an Iron Eagle. $2200 is 2 complete short blocks using stock blocks...I usually get the internals relatively inexpensive. I wouldn't mind going to a big bore either. Lots of advantages one being improved head flow due to less cylinder shrouding.

The guy doesn't have any pictures but assures that it is a GOOD block. I've heard that before. If he at least had some pics of it I'd be more confident, but forking over $500+ for something I've never even seen....I don't know. I wish I knew someone closer...actually....I do. Hmmmm....might have to ask a favor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts