Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this a while back but now i have my parts and stuff and am getting ready to build a motor. I need a good shop in the bay area. i want to assemble my motor and i would like a shop that doesnt mind working with people instead of wanting to do all the work and one that will give me good work, not just cutting corners and a bunch of bull talk. i would prefer it on the penninsula between SF and SJ but will go across the bay as well. one of the fordmuscle articles mentioned jacks machine shop in oakland. are they good. i want a balance job as well and i know not all places do that inhouse but i dont know if inhouse really matters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know of a good machine shop in sunnycale, CA, which is in the area you like to stay. It's Bobs Auto supply on Sunnyvale-Saratoga Rd. I haven't personally delt with them, but I have heard good remarks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Al Hubbard Machine in Hayward (510-537-1885)are the guys I use. They have absolutely no problems with guys that want to do their own assembly and they will answer any assembly questions you may have during the process. They dont do their own balancing they send that stuff to Ashland Machine which is also in Hayward. He takes all of the stuff over there himself so it does not increase the hassle to you. The reasons that I like these guys are that they are really helpful, work on lots of different things (from top fuel TFX blocks to MG motors) and best of all they are Ford guys on top of it. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Must be nice!! My MAchinist is a die hard chevy guy. I get a lil ration of **** everytime I go in there, but its worth it. He does good work, and even he knows his 454 dually cant touch my F-350

·
Registered
233 Posts
From friends of NorCal Shelby Club:
TECHCRAFT MACHINE
55 Perry Street
Redwood City, CA 94063
650-364-0953
Ted Yamashiro

Head work:
GROMM RACING HEADS
666 'J' Stockton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95126
408-287-1301
Bob Gromm

I think I heard Techcraft was pricey but very good.
Al Hubbard has a long and good reputation in the drag racing community.
Let me know whos friendly and in the know. Im in San Carlos with my 65FB and engine assembly @ 3/4full...I went crate on a 302 short from Larry's hotrod shop in SoCal, AFR165 heads, Airgap, 650dp holley, sorta mild street cam. Hope to wrap things up in a few weeks.

Is Gotelli's still the only speedshop on the penninsula...or am I missing something

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.