Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting to hear back from the gentleman but made an offer on a car in better shape than mine. Still needs some things done but seems to be in much better shape than mine. I think it will be cheaper to buy this and upgrade than continue working on mine. Hoping to talk to him tonight and see what happens! Keep your fingers crossed.. LOL
Brian

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Lol, aint that the way it goes sometimes.... Good Luck, and keep us informed. Oh and pics, or it never happened.... ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes... Don't want to jinx myself yet. I'm excited though.
I will just need to go over the potential bad areas on them to look before I sign my life away...
Brian

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
does look like a sweet ride.....:tup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, don't be fooled though.. I know the hood will need to be replaced. The black part with scoop was riveted to it. I can keep it a bit probably but will need to work on that at some point. Thinking of doing a different color hood though (like black since the roof it black). I got the VIN this morning, about to call the insurance company and see about adding it.
Brian

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As jc stated. I did not buy the galaxie. It looked good butmto make me happy with it it might take more than my current one would. Saw a large dent in rocker below drivers door. Some of the trim on it was really beat up. It didn't look like the frame boxing was even from side to side which made me think it was done to reinforce a bad area. The frame rails under trunk were pretty mangled looking to me. He said he though it was a frame off at some point but the paint was painted over the one blue. Door jambs were still blue and saw blue where some of the silver had flaked off. I also saw rust bubbles on lower rockers, every lower panel was damaged some how with different type dents and found at least one part rattle canned ( drivers lower quarter). The guy got pissed at me saying he thought I was coming to buy the car not kick tires. :/. Like I'd rent a trailer and borrow a buddies diesel to drive almost 8 hours round trip just to look at it again. :(. Anyways. I'm trying to decide what to do now.
Brian.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Anyways. I'm trying to decide what to do now.
Brian.

Jeeze some people.....

Well the bright side??? Yer blinkers are working... ;)

Just finish jumping in, and as JC is often saying, "Onward thru the fog"...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep.. my blinkers work! ;) Now to decide what it will take to just get mine going. Wondering if I can make it nice for the money I was going to spend on this other car. I may start another thread in regards to this. My main thing is whether or not my car is worth it or not. After looking at that car I really think my car may not be so bad. Once all the interior is out it's not so horrible lookin.. ;) I don't think I have as much bodywork to do as the one I turned down to do. I don't know...
Brian

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Yep.. my blinkers work! ;) Now to decide what it will take to just get mine going. Wondering if I can make it nice for the money I was going to spend on this other car. I may start another thread in regards to this. My main thing is whether or not my car is worth it or not. After looking at that car I really think my car may not be so bad. Once all the interior is out it's not so horrible lookin.. ;) I don't think I have as much bodywork to do as the one I turned down to do. I don't know...
Brian

Lots o pics will help. and will give others an idea of how to help ya answer the questions you will have.. Dunno what kind of coin you are talking about but unless it was a 2k car or something You may be ahead fixing yours...... (as I said, need pics and honest assessment of what YOU see needing fixed) I for some reason was thinking yours was up and driving/drivable. Is it not? And why not if it isnt? (Just questions to help you make GOOD decisions)

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Post pictures of your car now. And what your Dollar Limit is on fixing it up?
The Gray/Black 67 looks good but really need to SEE CLOSE UP.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can take some pics of mine today... I have 5-6k to spend I guess... Mine is running/driving but still needs to be tuned up properly and such. I can pull body panels off to help cut costs for prep work but will most likely need to factor in reassembly as I am sure body panel alignment is not my strong point and I like good body lines. I may even bust out my good camera for pics... I'll go work on that now actually...
Brian

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Post pictures of your car now. And what your Dollar Limit is on fixing it up?
The Gray/Black 67 looks good but really need to SEE CLOSE UP.

Dang kemp bored again I C..... sheeze.... Sharp looking logo... ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just took a bunch of photos.. I will probably just link the album here instead of 100 individual pics. Some pics are repeats trying to get a better angle or something. Almost all the rust you see in pics is surface that I can tell. the rust on left trunk floor is from when I started grinding down to clean area and didn't coat it. Will come out easily.
Brian

1 - 20 of 52 Posts