Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a great day! Ever since I was old enough to know what a car was, I have wanted to drive this car. Well, after 39 years of lusting for the car and a few years of working on it, I finally made the ride to work! It was only a few miles but was the best miles I have ever driven!

There is plenty more work that needs to be done with it but the major issues seem to be taken care of (I say this with my fingers crossed)

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yep..it's a great feeling! Also...go move that Galaxie before that white vans throws open a door on it!!!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yep! I agree with 66fastback. Wherever I go I always take at least two spots. As old as that car is it deserves the extra room.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries on the van.... it is mine. It is safer close to it than anywhere else in the lot.

I had to actually crack the manual this morning too... I noticed there were two drive selects on the console, I had always assumed that the first drive after neutral was the correct one, then the next would be 2nd & Drive and the last was Low. Now I know it is not like that... odd to have the order go from Neutral to "snow gear" to regular drive and then low. But figuring that out saved me a transmission fix!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Way to go, Kilbrie, and welcome to the forum. Yep, there is nothing better than the old, old iron under your feet, thrumming and rolling down the road. Try this. Get out on the highway. Roll down the window (in this heat, for sure). Extend left arm out window, grasp top of door at 90º angle. Now, slowly, slowly, lower arm until hanging outside car, alongside of door. Gently pat car several times for not breaking down. Repeat. Ain't nothin' better than that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get out on the highway. Roll down the window (in this heat, for sure). Extend left arm out window, grasp top of door at 90º angle. Now, slowly, slowly, lower arm until hanging outside car, alongside of door. Gently pat car several times for not breaking down. Repeat. Ain't nothin' better than that.
That is great advice! The best so far!

Last night I drove her up to pick up my son from football practice. As soon as I parked, a guy came right up and told me this is the only other Galaxie in the area...besides his! Turns out he drove his '62 up and was parked on the opposite end of the parking lot. Like me, he is fixing it up as time and $ permits, but drives and enjoys it with the family. Nice to know there is another Galaxie guy in the area!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts