Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you mailed a pair of SBF cylinder heads before? I went to the USPS website and saw that the max shipping weight is 70 pounds. Does a pair of SBF heads weigh less than that? If not, what's the best way to ship heads?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My cast iron 289 heads are 90lb for the pair. Only heads I ever had shipped were aluminum.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I shipped a tranny in a homemade full crate which weighted 150lbs. by UPS. It was expensive, and I shipped it to Ohio from BC Canada, but it is possible.

Rick

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I shipped 351C heads via UPS from Las Vegas NV to Michigan ... Cost about $75.00 ... Went for the "Heavy" rate.

Larry Madsen
Las Vegas Nevada

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: monstermach on 2/12/02 8:50am ]</font>

·
Registered
66 Posts
351w cast heads are 52lbs a piece.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I have sent 4 sets of heads thru USPS and they were all under $21.31 each. I just sold some 429SCJ heads complete and after packing, they were 66 pounds each and still only cost $23 each. US Postal Service will ship any package under 70 pounds and for heads, they are cheaper than FedX and UPS. Pack them individually and pack them well.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
89 coupe ... I have been sending a lot of my ebay stuff through the "Post Office" lately ... I think they are cheaper than the other guys.

Hmmm ... Maybe that's why they are always claiming they are "Broke" and need to increase prices

1 - 9 of 9 Posts