Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I run one in my 418. Don't know what the rpm range/utilization rpm' is, but I put one in just for piece of mind. 2 bolt bottom end, stock block, anything I can do to help/assist anything from 'walking around', and/or coming loose/whatever I am going to do....................

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
As for a $100 part... Those $100 girdles don't come with ARP studs, and this engine will definitely NEED ARP studs. A stock length set of studs would probably be too short. Does ARP sell studs that are longer, for stud girdles? I guess a person could buy one of those cheap girdles, trash the included studs, and buy some good ones without breaking the bank... if ARP doesn't charge too much.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
I'm with Mike, I won't use the supplied studs. I'm trying to find a long set of ARPs for my 466 with guirdle but I can't find them. I may have to call or e-mail ARP to get a part number. Don't use the supplied studs with the cheaper guirdles. The guirdles are good but the studs are junk.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
The billet aluminum main stud girdle I got from FMS was supplied with all the necessary ARP studs. Everything came with it. Lube/etc, everything. It was around 275, (my cost at the dealership). I had to have the girdle cut to hell to fit around the canton oil pump pickup, etc, but it's all bolted on, and seems to work.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts