Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Well I said good-bye to my Galaxie for a while.
It's in the shop for an "extreme make-over". We're starting at the radiator and working towards the rear axle. When I say "we" I mean I'm paying the bills and somebody else is turning the wrenches. This part of the project is beyond my skills. I'm having the 390 completely gone thru by Basko's in Gilbert, Edelbrock RPM goodies, changing the FMX out for a C-6, and changing the rear end from a 3.00:1 to a 3.70:1 posi. Guesstimates are for 450HP!
Should be fun!

Now for my question, what do you guys do for insurance? Anybody heard of or use Hagerty? http://www.hagerty.com/

·
Registered
785 Posts
I wish I could afford good insurance on my car but i havent driven it for about 2 years but it still has liability on it. I pay $50 a month on it but i am not planning on driving it much. Plus I have been collecting extra body parts just in case something does happen I have the parts to fix it myself. Also mine is not exactly a show piece but a really nice driver.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I have an agreed value policy with my regular carrier and carry just comp on it when it's in storage.

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
We only have liability on my car. I don't know what we pay becuase they just lowered it but was around 1100 for both vehicles a year. The other one is a '01 F150 supercrew.

Deb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I asked is I was quoted by Hagerty(on-line) for a policy with zero deductible and a value of $20K (OK, so I exaggerated a bit) for $265/year. I haven't checked with my primary carrier yet but I thought this was very reasonable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAJ on 12/6/03 9:06am ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts