Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What trans is it? Is it any good? What can it bolt up to? what is it worth? Thanks a lot! I know some guy here at sac state that wants to get rid of one...seems to be pretty cheap on it, so I was wondering what it was good for. I gotta friend that has an older mmustang that wants some type of OD.

Thanks a lot!

Jeff Given

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
That would be a T5. It is very similar to earlier T5's except that the Input shaft is (3/4"?) longer to fit it into the new for that year body. This extra length makes them less desireable because bellhousings are not interchangeable and it pushes the shifter back, meaning cutting of the trans tunnel for some cars. I think the shorter input from earlier T5s can be swapped in, but im not sure.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yes, they are a T5 just like the older stangs use. But I believe they are 5/8" longer so you must use the 94/95 bellhousing with this tranny. Yes it will have the shifter back a little further than the earlier T5's, so a little notching might be nessesary. But still a good tranny to have.

Just be aware, if its too cheap, something could be wrong with it. Make sure you can go through the gears and turn the input shaft.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Trans is supposedly Brand new. The guy bought the car off the showroom floor because he liked it, and could not drive a stick, so he had it converted to a auto. sounds lame, I know...

Jeff Given

1 - 4 of 4 Posts