Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to convert the 331 in my 68 from V belt to single belt serpentine ala 5.0
What do I need to make the switch as far as the engine is concerned. Right now I have standard 1968 standard rotation water pump, 3-G alternator and original P/S pump.
March has a kit but involves running two belts, I like the single better utilising the tensioner.
Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
493 Posts
This probably doesn't help if you want to keep the standard rotation pump, but...

I spent a lot of time 'shopping' for my front dress / pulleys. It had a 5.0 with factory serpentine but for several reasons I needed & wanted something else.

I ended up getting the 'Concept ONE' pulley system and love it. It is by far the best thought-out and engineered aftermarket pulley system I think anyone could ever come up with.

http://www.conceptonepulleys.com/

One of the primary reasons I like it is because it relocates the A/C to the low passenger side. Really cleans up the engine compartment so you don't have a/c hoses criss-crossing the bay at all.

-They have several stages of kits; with or without P-S; A/C, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kewolfe on 9/15/06 10:35am ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts