Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some odd reason my car idles up and down from 1700rpm to the point where it is about to shut off, and sometimes the car does shut off. this is on a stock cam. this happened after i changed the piping in between the maf and my supercharger. and the check engine light is on. does anyone have an idea of what's wrong. the car doesn't idle as bad when i disconnect the maf. what could have i done wrong?

here are my engine modifications to my 95 mustang gt 5 liter;
vortech s-trim on 9lbs of boost, trex fuel system, bypassed smog and a/c pulleys, holley systemax upper and lower intake, k&n air filter, 70 mm bbk throttle body, flowmaster exhaust, fuel pressure regulator.

i have been planning on installing digital fuel injection system on my mustang. since i do not need a mass air meter with dfi, which i think is the problem, this problem with my maf has prompted my purchase of the dfi, unless proven otherwise.

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Maf sensors are very sensitive with airflow into the sensor. If you've changed the direction/flow into the sensor that'll cause your problem. Also, if you've changed the demand on the maf (obviously with a blower, you have), you'll probably need to go to a bigger, recalibrated maf. What digital system did you purchase? How does it work?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts