Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would an 88 GT have mass air or speed density? If it is speed density how difficult is it to change over to mass air and what would i need to get?

·
Registered
73 Posts
if its from california it has mass air if its from anywhere else it has speed density
and all of them in 89 and up have mass air if I remember correctly

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
To switch to mass air you'll need a mass air computer (off of an '89-'93 mustang - I think crown victoria's, etc. would work too). You'll also need the wiring harness. Or you can purchase the conversion wires/instructions from Interactive Systems and Technologies (might be able to find on ebay). And of course you'll need the mass air sensor itself, with its housing, and you should get the intake hose.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the speed density computer can make more power than it's mass-air counterpart,in a modified vechicle(per Chris Johnson,Johnson Motorsports).you just have to burn a custom chip/module to allow the SD processor to be compatible with said mods.straight from the horses mouth,sort of. that alone saves @1000.00,which could be spent on more go fast stuff.
http://www.jmschip.com

low 12 sec. '95 F-150....lookin' for 11's soon

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: noslofoord on 2/7/02 11:21pm ]</font>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts