Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would like to put a duel master cylinder to replace the old single. I can't find anything to make it to easy,like it has drum brakes and i do like to keep them. I heard that Econoline Line Vans have the same breaking system ??

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
We need all pertinent information about the vehicle to answer your question.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Many of the Prior to 1965 full sized cars used a master cylinder with a one inch hole. I would first think about cylinder diameter before selecting a replacement, otherwise foot pedal travel gets excessive or you get brake lock-up.

Wm.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
68 Mustang. 1" bore, drum brakes, non power. Plumb the rear of the master cylinder to the front brakes and the front to the rear brakes.

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
If I remember right I used a 72 f250 master cylinder on my disk converson but the guy behind the counter asked me if the f250 had drum brakes on the front because there was two master cylinder's in the book one for disk and one for drum brakes on the front. if you have a good parts store with BOOKs instead of computers they should be able to help you find what you need. Good luck finding a good parts store!!!

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
DC Enterprises or MP Brake can hook you up. Good luck.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I know Ive seen this question before but will an early 80s crown vic booster AND master cylinder work on my 63 to convert to disc on the front? what about the bracket on the firewall behind the booster.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have the 77 tbird spindles and brakes to go on the front and I was wondering what brake pads to use that wont have problems with dust? Lord knows its enough to keep these wheels shining without disc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts