Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey mavman i have a 74 maverick with a 351w i was wondering what headers your useing, right now i have hedman shortys, any info you can give me will be of great help. thanks

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Hey, I'm using custom 1 3/4" headers. There arent any good headers out there for the 351 /maverick swap, unless you want to install the shorties or 1 1/2" long tubes from Auto Krafters. I felt that the 1 1/2" headers would be a bit small for what I needed, so I just decided to build my own.

·
Registered
7,470 Posts
The Hooker #6208 has 1 3/4" tubes is made to swap the 351W into 65-70 mustangs. They (or the car) might need a little bit of modification, but would be your best bet since the early mustang and maverick have similar engine bays. There's a guy on here who put a set on a granada. They are worth looking into...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
N2O, those headers for the mustang will not fit. A buddy tried them, and there was no way. The mustang's front end is about 2" wider than the maverick's. On our car, the exhaust port is less than 1 3/4" from the tower itself on each side....and with the Vic. Jr's raised exhaust port, there is no way those headers will fit. The guys on the Maverick Message Board might be able to help.

http://www.maverick.to

1 - 5 of 5 Posts