Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...because maybe that way people would stop coming up to me and talking while I'm at the gas pump. It happened to me twice today, once when filling up my daily driver, and then again filling up the TBird.

The second guy was especially annoying. I'm used to people saying stuff like "nice car" or "what year?", and that's fine, to be expected when you pull a big classic into a self-service gas station. First, I left the engine idling so I couldn't hear the guy all that well. Second, when I fill up I keep my hand on the trigger, the car is low so I'm half-bent over, facing the rear of the car, and the guy approached me from my blind side. So I'm looking over my shoulder at this guy when I first noticed him.

The first thing I saw was his finger. On my car. He was a local bum- dressed like a slob, dirty, skinny alcoholic looking guy. OK, I thought, maybe he won't do it again. Then he came closer and touched it again. Irked, I said as politely as I could, "look but don't touch". He said "oh I didn't know". "It's common etiquette", I said. Then he started asking questions about the car- but he's slurring his speech, it's loud, and again he's on my blind side so I have to twist around to keep an eye on him.

I don't know what his questions were so I told him again, "look all you want, but don't touch anything". Then he started getting pissy. "Uh, OK then. Nice talking to you."

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
I can understand the bit about the Thunderbird, but what is the daily driver? :)

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just some old guy. He complained to me that someone in the C-store held the door for him, and he assumed that it was because they thought that he couldn't hold it himself. "I'm 83 years old and healthy as a horse. I'd challenge anyone to race me across the parking lot." I asked him if maybe the person was just being polite and respectful, after all we are in The South...

He was driving a Buick, by the way. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,369 Posts
I was filling up one day when this guy behind me struck up a small conversation, and said he had seen my car around the place. "I know that Pontiac anywhere" he said.
I was in my Galaxie. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know what you mean... My daily driver right now is a 78 LTD.... You have no idea how many times I have heard... "Nice caddy!" From across the lot....

It says FORD.... In pretty big letters... On the front AND the back.... It's not a Cadillac...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was cruising slowly through a parking lot once and a guy coming the other way waved his arm, motioned for me to stop, and we stopped along side each other. He said "Beautiful!", so then I asked him, "Yeah, but what do you think of my car?"

>:)

·
Super Moderator
21,524 Posts
Had a guy come up to me at a cruise recently saying his dad had a car like mine but the tail lights were different. I told him maybe it was a '65 or something newer, they were squarish. Then he tells me how the lights on the trunk lid didn't work and i said "so then you bop the trunklid with your hand and the lights work?" He says yeah exactly. Then he left and i laughed cause it was probably an impala cause i did that with my '62.

Best one i ever heard was a guy while driving down the street by me asked if it was a corvair

1 - 10 of 10 Posts