Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set a new personal best of 11.51 @ 117.24mph with a 1.63 60'.
Click on the images to watch:

·
Registered
71 Posts
good stuff! i checked out your truck there but didn't get a chance to talk to you, my buddy gary did though, you have the electric vaccum pump set up right? you don't happen to have a part number for that do you? we were talking about it on the way home and would like to try it out on our cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sam, are you talking about Gary O from Mayne Island?
The pump is a smog pump off a mid 90's Taurus. It was used to pump air into the exaust to lower emissions.
I've plumbed it from my valve covers through a Moroso oil catch can and into the suction side of the pump.
Good for some free HP and no oil leaks.

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Nice truck and some nice track numbers as well!.Congrats on the new PBs....Is this taurus pump electric?...Do you have any pics of the setup?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sam, are you talking about Gary O from Mayne Island?
The pump is a smog pump off a mid 90's Taurus. It was used to pump air into the exaust to lower emissions.
I've plumbed it from my valve covers through a Moroso oil catch can and into the suction side of the pump.
Good for some free HP and no oil leaks.
no it was Gary M from Armstrong.
thanks for the info, i am going to look into that set up.

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
The pump is a smog pump off a mid 90's Taurus. It was used to pump air into the exaust to lower emissions. I've plumbed it from my valve covers through a Moroso oil catch can and into the suction side of the pump. Good for some free HP and no oil leaks.
I'm using a Volvo pump the same way. How many inches of vacuum are you pulling at idle, and at WOT if you have that info? Is your dipstick sealed?

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts