Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who missed my original thread see:

http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/all-ford-techboard/512560-9-rear-end-advice.html

Got the 9" tore down tonight no damage to housing. Ready to place order for axels off Summit. Was instructed to use/ fill out the Moser sheet and fax or email it to them. For those who are more familiar with the process, How forgiving are the measurements?

https://summitracing.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/123/0/filename/New+Moser+Order+Form+4.0.pdf

I would hate to be an 1/8" off on length and be stuck with useless axles. Some of the dimensions are just eye "[email protected]#King" it with tape measure. I tried looking thought there may be some standard measurements for the 1963 Galaxie, but haven't found any.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I thought that too when I ordered my first set of axles from Moser. I wrote down what I could and then took a deep breath before calling their sales people.

I first started off by telling them that the axles were for a (in my case) 57' full sized ford with a 9". With just that brief amount of info (and telling them what OD axle bearings the housing had) I got the right axles with bearings the first time without doing all the fancy measuring found on the sheet. They have the measurements of most vehicles on file.

I have since ordered other axles the same way.

Additionally, the splines are cut 3" long so you should have plenty of room to cover a "1/8" deviation.

My suggestion is to measure your current axle lengths from the outside of the axle flange to the tip of the splines and give Moser a call and deal with them directly. They have always been very friendly and helpful and have not left me out in the dark. Be sure to get the axles with the wheel bearing/stud kit and they will install them for free before shipping. I've ordered axles on Monday (even custom lengths) and they were sitting on my porch by the weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.