Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure would be nice if this works...

I have a DIYPNP that I need to control an aftermarket two-speed/single fan with in a 93 Mustang. I have the fans controlled by two separate relays that are energized when ground is applied. When either single relay is energized by itself, the fan is on low, when the other relay is energized at the same time, the fan is on high.

What I did was jump the ALED to the EGR Solenoid, and the WLED to the diverter valve, pins 32 and 33, inside of the DIYPNP. Then tomorrow I'll wire these unused circuits over to the fan.

My other option was to utilize the 18 pin connector opposite the 60 pin on the megasquirt, but its kind of a pain working on the top side of the ecu while in the car.

I was a little confused by the 94-95 fan control scheme, but it seems to me that with it's separate fan control module, none of that applies to this vehicle. While I was in there, I wired up the input for the second o2 sensor. Don't have the (semi) sequential module installed yet so it wont really do much except verify the operation of the first o2.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Nice. :tup: How's the over-all tune coming along? Any other functions you're doing?

David

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I've got a pretty good idle, everything from about 1/2 throttle and up works really well. It takes a lot of touch on the clutch to get rolling, not sure how much of that is just the clutch we chose. I did pull the slack out of the throttle cable and I know that tends to make it a little touchy. The other concern I have is that when youre coasting along at slow speed off throttle (think parking lot speed bumps) and then roll into the throttle, it lurches back and forth a bit, and since the car is pretty powerful it can do that self perpetuating thing where it makes you stab the throttle haha. So that area needs immediate attention.

The owner plans on putting a 5-8psi blower on it soon, and the motor is already 10:1, so I'm planning on going semi-sequential, doing boost control and maybe working out launch control and methanol injection. Right now I need to get the 4.10 gears in it, get the torque box reinforcements done, get a reasonable tune in it, and punt it for a while so I can get my own car painted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts