Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They go back in time.. And they have a guy dub'ing in for Tommy Lee Jones. And they stay true to Ford from previous and actually in current time he drives a newer Ford but when they go back. He is driving a Galaxy.. I know the first movie they refered to POS.. But way to go!!
I screen shot it. Sorry. I have a Falcon but saw this and said had to share..

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
...and they smash it around the 2/3rds mark of the movie. Went on Saturday and loved the car. It's a 500 with black on black colors. Pretty cool even if they smash the car.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think Josh Brolin is the young Tomy Lee Jones. Havent seen it yet.
Does the Galaxie hld true to the power and sound of the Crown Vic
from the first movie?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Um yeah.. Most importantly... FALCONS...
Just because I didnt spell it right you got the point..
Well, yes, there were '60s Falcons, but I was mainly just listing the names under which the 'big Ford' was sold from '60-72 or so.

And, of course, the Falcon has gone on to bigger and better things in Australia, though (God forbid) there's been rumor Ford might can the big RWD Falcon in favor of (steady yourself) a wrong-wheel-drive tin can.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You do know the 70 Falcon was pretty much a Ford Torino. Even had a 428 in some.

and gee. I was just trying to share some love.. I appreciate the big boat.. Ilove the lines.. I think 63 is my fav. I am not an expert on them but 63 and 64 are my fav years.. I almost bought a woody wagon about 2 years ago.

Yeah yeah yeah me and wagons.. This is my baby..

·
Registered
653 Posts
You do know the 70 Falcon was pretty much a Ford Torino. Even had a 428 in some.
Yes, the last US Falcon was a decontented Torino. Personally, by that point Detroit was losing the plot - the early '70s were full of 'intermediates' that, from the driver's seat, the hood looked like you were lined up for takeoff and looking down an 11000x120 foot runway.

The Falcon kept on going outside the US. Australia's a pretty tiny car market with, at least until recent years, some fairly unique requirements and both the GM and Ford operations down there got spectacularly good at dumpster-diving in their parent corporations' US and European parts bins.

and gee. I was just trying to share some love..
We're just grumpy because they squashed the car ;)

Yeah, I'm a wagon-head too, very pretty Falcon you've got there. Once the '64's back on its wheels I wouldn't mind having a Nassau Blue '63 Country Sedan to go with it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am sure they had 2 cars as nice as the car was. I dont think they would pay that money to just set it on fire. Also might have been CGI with the big wheel cycles coming from underneath. They do alot of CGI now because its cheaper. The movie Battleship was a good example of CGI, though they took the Mighty Mo out for the day (under tug not on its own power) just to get angle shots with Oahu in the background.
But they could had 2 cars. one that was a POS that they threw a quick black paint job on to set on fire. And the HERO car which was prestine. Since there was no major chase scene involving crazy stunts I suspect that they had 2 cars. I read about the movie, Dukes of Hazard and they had a HERO car that saw little action. Then they had the stunt cars.

My friend in Hawaii had both his 62 Falcon sedan and his 34 coup in an episode of Hawaii Five-O. Got paid $$$ to have them just parked. The H5O crew went to a cruise in and asked a few guys if they would like to have their cars in the show. This was this past season too. It was the episode where they had a chop-shop scam going on. I am hoping to get back to Hawaii once I retire. Trying to find a civilian job working for the military since that is my background.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts