The first batch of parts I cleaned up were disc brake shields, pedal hanger, misc fasteners. I figured they are not very visible, so after removing the rust I washed them, wiped them down with acetone, and sprayed rustoleum rust converter on as a primer, followed by rustoleum satin black. Hopefully the finish will last, but not quite so important.
I have some stock valve covers I want to clean up. These I am more concerned about a nice, lasting finish. So definitely I want to do a good metal prep for a long lasting finish on the valve covers.
1971 Sport Custom Shortbed Project Truck. 302, 4V, Performer intake & cam, shorty headers, Duals, AOD. Hope to have running in March
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dotcentral on 3/12/06 8:24am ]</font>