Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently (lastweekend) put a C-6 that I rebuilt (btw thanks to all the guys that answered my questions) in my car. I have a b&m ratchet shifter and it took awhile but I got the linkage pretty close. its just I dont think its goin all the way into third gear. Everyother gear is shifting great. I'm thinking that if I move the swivel down one more turn it should fix my problem without causing any other problem..Does anyone here have experience with the rachet shifting linkage and adjustments that might be able to help?

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
I've got the same shifter, in a 83 f100 c6 trans...same problem. It will either go into low fine, then part of the way into 3rd or all the way into 3rd, but no low. I think it's a design flaw with the shifter's linkage geometry. I've tried everything--and it's very embarassing at the digs when I cant get high gear and get beat by a late-model chevy. I'm gonna throw that ratchet shifter as far as I can and get a Prostick.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Definately the shifter. Got a buddy with one in his Trans Am. Same problem.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Had that with my starshifter. Adjusted it one turn and it fixed it.

What does that have to do with the state of Michigan??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol..I wasnt thinkin when I put the name of the post up. Well I had the shifter hooked up before and it worked just fine. Im goin back up to michigan this weekend, I was thinkin that I could turn the swivel back one turn and it would pull it all the way into third. My brother was driving it and said 1st was really close to neutral, so Im hoping it works like i need it to. I appreciate all the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts