Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
I've always, (except this one time), anyway, run M&H, ET drags.
I did run Firestones half a season, (pretty much to see if they'd fit under my last car).
I've never run Hoosiers. If I were to guess, I"d say that 70% of the guys at the track run ET's, and the rest is a mish mosh mix of firestones/goodyears and hoosiers.
I have nothing bad to say about the M'Ts.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I've used both. The Mickeys hook ok but don't last as long as the Hoosiers. The Hoosiers don't go away like the Mickeys. I could never count on them every run. I've been using the Hoosiers for 4 yrs. with no complaints.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
And the debate rages on, which tire is best. Just saw the same arguement on another forum also with no clear winner. It was said the brand is less important that the combination of car,tire compound and the state of the track you run at.
Having said that I run MT 14.5 x 32 and they now have 180 passes on them. I am changing but there would be 20 more on them. At the very marginal tracks I run at I am as consistent as anyone on the first pass to the last pass on the tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.