Ford Muscle Cars Tech Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right place for this.
Last fall I bought a 66 Convert. Ten years without a hodrod was killing me. I started to make some purchases and quickly strated to get disappointed.
First I bought a throtle link for about $30 bucks from Total Control Products. I then became curious abouth the bilet pedal covers, aroiund $70. When they turned over thier dist to MUSTANG PLUS the price on the link went to 42 and the covers $99. I asked TCP why the increase but the reply I got was from MP who told me that TCP had been selling the covers for a loss. Is it me or is that not the most rediculas response imaginable. Your thoughts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I know that when TCP started advertising their stuff with Mustangs plus the TCP powersteering rack almost doubled in price. Corperate gouging on a smaller scale.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I've bought from TCP in the past ( for three mustangs ) 3 sets of subframe connecters, 2 throttle hex gismos, 2 sets of engine braces,etc.... But now, NO MORE!!!
Some of their stuff is 50% more now, THEY ( MUSTANGS PLUS ) ARE F#C*ING NUTS!!!!!!!!:
SCREW THEM COMMIE BA*TARDS

·
Premium Member
14,758 Posts
Nothing like voting with your feet, or in this case, your wallet. Whenever I feel ripped off, I'm sure to let 'em know why. Also, letting them know what competitor I'll be doing business with in the future doesn't hurt. You don't have to come off like a total arse to do this. Just be polite, professional, but firm. Mustang's Plus ain't the only game in town and they know it. Make sure they know you know it, too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All of this is very good feed back. I am not against anyone making a living, but all to often the pricing seems out of line. This combined with some of my friends experiences with Mustangs Plus makes me very unconfortable dealing with them. Which is really to bad Because they have alot of very fine pieces. I am interested in GOOD experiences that others have had with Mail Order conpanies. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I like Virgina classic mustangs but they mostly offer stock items, they have always been courtious and polite, and prices are very competetive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts